To start developing your own 3D games and programs, you're going to need to know the basics of C++, like shaping.
This video lesson will show you how to create basic shapes using OpenGL and GLUT for C++, so you can start making your own 3D programs. If you want to create your very first OpenGL project, this is the place to be.
With this general shape knowledge, you'll be able to code a simple OpenGL program, so pay attention. You learn the basics of drawing triangles and quadrilaterals to a window.
How does this specific program work? Well, the basic idea: we tell OpenGL the 3D coordinates of all of the vertices of our shapes. OpenGL uses the standard x and y axes, with the positive x direction pointing toward the right and the positive y direction pointing upward. However, in 3D we need another dimension, the z dimension. The positive z direction points out of the screen.
Check out the other videos in this video series.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades